Classic and modern pitch-shifting styles come together with unruly fuzz and alluring modulation for a wide range of tones and textures.
Benicia, CA — January 5, 2022 — The MXR Poly Blue Octave opens tonechasers up to a full palette of pitch-shifting possibilities with four separate octave divisions—one down, two down, one up, and two up. You get to control the level of each in the mix as well as decide whether to run them with the contemporary clarity of polyphonic mode or the raw vintage grit of monophonic mode. With a Blue Box Pedal-inspired fuzz mode and a dual Leslie-inspired/Phase 90-inspired modulation mode, you can infuse your pitch-shifted output with liquified thunder and lightning.
The EXP jack allows you to step in and take control with an expression pedal such as the Vol-ume (X)™8 Pedal or an off-board switch such as the MXR Tap Tempo Switch to sweep between two different knob and switch configurations or toggle the fuzz and mono modes on and off.
Get the full story here: https://www.jimdunlop.com/mxr-poly-blue-octave/
MXR Poly Blue Octave highlights:
- Modern + classic pitch shifting in a single pedal
- Four separate octave divisions, each with its own level control
- Separate level control for dry signal
- Toggle between polyphonic and monophonic pitch shifting
- Add in thick, unruly fuzz inspired by the MXR Blue Box Pedal
- Dual-mode modulation provides Leslie/Phase 90 effects dependent on pitch shifting mode
- Control various parameters with an expression pedal or tap switch
The MXR Poly Blue Octave is available for pre-order now—with shipping to begin February 1—at $199.99 street/$285.70 MSRP from retailers worldwide.
Sign up for the Bass Gear Low Down E-Newsletter!
Stay up-to-date with all our recent articles, podcasts and more.